icon

Linear Actuator Alarm Control?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
im going to add a linear actuator to my system. and waht i wantto do is controll it thru my 2 aux channel. the only thin is there are pulsed output not a latched. so what i thought was to get 2 pulse timer relays( which take apule and you can set how long u want the pulse to last for up to 90 sec)and do itthat way but then i realized the polarity has to be switched to make it go back down .so if i hook up 2 of the puletimer relays to the 2 wires going to the actuators and then just diode isolate each wire for the corrospnoding direction would that work
i know its a little complicated but is there and easier way and will my way work if there sint
thanks sorry for the long question and if i confised you
Remotep 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Go to www.autoloc.com they have the module you need.
Remotep
Street Rod Enthusiast
and Installer
BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
reverse polarity relay setup with a momentary latched relay setup. Most actuators have a micro switch that will shut it off when it fully extends. The relay will reverse with the door lock wires from the alarm and the latched relay will operate it till it shuts off. The hard part is shutting the latched relay off.
Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
danw2002 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
there are many circuts out there that will let you press the 2 output once, and that will engage the linerer, it will go to its stop. or you can put on a limit switch to make it stop, then push the 2 output again, and it will close the actuator down or to the closed limit switch, if you can not find one, i have a circut that i did doing this....have done this basic set up for many things from a dash OEM false radio door opening(before you could just get a kit to do this), even as big as opening a full 30's Hot Rod rumble seat with a full wet bar built into it insted of the seat..made it rise out for under the seat area when it came open..fun....and very cool....
Danw2002, 20+ years doing custom nut ball things...in Seattle..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic