icon

questions about adire tumult

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

Well i have decided that instead of buying a 4000 dollar high end car audio system im looking to spend about 1800 dollars and have a rock solid stereo. I have been looking at adire audio and it seems that the baddest sub they have is for house use. The tumult. Could this sub be used in a car audio application? hopw big of a box does it needs to be in? what kind of power can it handle. I have looked all over adireaudio.com and i cant find any of these specs. I see that they have 34mm of excursion which is awesome. and if i cant use these i am just going to head to the brahma. I was thinkin i am going to get: 2 tumults or brahma 15's and two kx800.2. I think this would be plenty of power to run these subs. and i plan on using a ported box. if anybody could help me out that would be great. Thanks

Wes

Hey also has anybody checked out the new motor that adire is testing. Up to 12 inches of linear xmax!! sucks it will cost somewhere around 3 to 5 thousand. aight peace

Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Never even heard of them before.
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Go with eclipse.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Adire audio is comparable to JL, but not Eclipse.  Many people here are fond of them.  since im a poor guy, I go to adire, well..not the brahmas, the shivas or tempests is what im looking at.

I would go for the brahma

http://adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm

I saw that motor...they still need the rest of the sub.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
MAXST wrote:

Adire audio is comparable to JL, but not Eclipse.  Many people here are fond of them. 

So are you saying that the Eclipse subs are better? 

MAXST wrote:
I saw that motor...they still need the rest of the sub.

They have a working one that will be shown at CES.

Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

Now to the original question.

The Tumult can and has been used in the automobile.  I would say that if you want crazy low end, then go with it.  But that will be the only real difference you will see between it and the Brahma.  I believe power is comparable between the two, and will be more determined by the enclosure used.

BTW, you can find Adire's official forum here: http://acoustic-visions.com/forums/index.php?s=49c68f8107ce83100b03ef481394e74e&showforum=5

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

I want to see that sub when its unvailed at CES..someone please take pics.

Having not hearing either, i cant really say.  i suppose the fans for eclipse are more, so he could get more advise.

Personally, if all the sites that i've read, and from their own site at the specs of the Brahma it is better, and cheaper.  But i havent heard them so i cant talk much.  Its personal taste that matters.   

I would like a TRU amp and pair of brahmas

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Steven Kephart 
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
MAXST wrote:

I want to see that sub when its unvailed at CES..someone please take pics.

This topic is VERY big on most car audio forums, so I'm sure we will be seeing pics after CES.  Hopefully some during.  If some show up, I will try to add a link here so you guys can see them as well.

MAXST wrote:
Having not hearing either, i cant really say.  i suppose the fans for eclipse are more, so he could get more advise.

Personally, if all the sites that i've read, and from their own site at the specs of the Brahma it is better, and cheaper.  But i havent heard them so i cant talk much.  Its personal taste that matters.   

From a design standpoint, I think the Brahma is much better.  The Eclipse sub is just just another slight variation of the same thing done by many companies.  As an example, look at the Audiomobile EVO-R, ED A, etc.  They are all VERY similar drivers.  But the Brahma introduced a new motor topology that offers less distortion at all output levels.  That is why I think it is a better driver.

And yes you are right that personal tastes are what matters.  Some people have heard the Brahma and disliked it because it was so "dry" sounding.  The prefer the sound of distortion because they are used to it.  But I think even then with some enclosure tweaking they could get what they are looking for. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic