icon

Need More Volume!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

I installed my two Kicker S12L7's yesterday and my Alpine SPX-177A components just can't keep up with loudness of the bass. Of course, I can turn the subs down and everything is fine, but that's no fun now is it. Currently, my alpine's are in the stock locations in the doors and I was wondering if I added a set of components in kick panels along with the set in the doors, would that give me the volume I need to keep up with the subs? I have heard that more speakers does not necessarily increase loudness. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
How about adding more amplifier power to your speakers? You should probably mention how much power your running to your system
EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
good point. I am running a jl audio e2150 amplifier to the alpines. This amp is rated at 45 x 2 at 12.5 volts, and I believe the e series amplifiers from JL Audio are not regulated, which means is should be giving the speakers just about the right amount of power when the car is running. The rms of the speakers is 60 watts.
I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic