icon

Alpine or Kenwood indash DVD player?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

What's up guys.. I am in the process of looking for an indash DVD player.. and i'm hooked on 2.. and not sure which one I should get.. I am torn between the Kenwood KVT-911DVD, and the Alpine IVE-D900. As far as specs go, they seem about the same except the fact the Kenwood is 4.6v I believe. The main feature I was looking for was dual zone being I am hooking up 2 LCDs in headrests as well, which both claim to have..but other then that.. I didn't see much differences between the 2, and I know both are very good brands. I see the Alpine claims it has some cool visulations on the screen, which I want to show off at shows and stuff like that, whereby the Kenwood doesnt list visulations. As far as cost, it isn't much of an issue, so I don't mind paying more for a better unit

Any advice?

Thanks guys!!

agtkgv 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Its a tough choice. The main difference is the Kenwood has a touch screen which is more easily bypassed, just ground it and you have dvd, tv etc in motion, it also has some animated screens, and of course a built in TV tuner. The kenwood is sirius where the Alpine is XM, if that makes a difference.   The Alpine has a killer picture, but you will not notice the difference like you would on a bigger screen. I personally like the touch screen for the navigation rather than dealing with the joystick remote, plus the new Kenwood nav system added voice control. Just things to think about, I have both and still couldn't choose between the two.
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
I dunno bout that one, I've had a few chances to mess around with the Kenwood and the Alpine.....as far as having a touch screen goes....well you know who wins there, but as far as screen clarity and visualizations....Alpine all the way, in all honesty the IVAD-900 looks somethin like a hundred times sharper then most other LCD's that I have seen
vekoma6382 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
The Ivad900 is hands down the best screen on the market. Be on the lookout for Alpines Ivad300 in march!! It utilizes Alpines revolutionary Touch-Pulse technology.
If it doesn't fit.......make it fit.
vekoma6382 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

The Ivad900 is hands down the best screen on the market!! Be on the lookout for Alpines Ivad300 coming out in March. If any of you went to CES this past weekend then you know what I'm talking about.

If it doesn't fit.......make it fit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic