icon

two way radio install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
westcoaster 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have a kenwood TK 760H vhf two way radio I would like to install in my 2004 dodge pickup. dimentions are 5 1/2" wide, 1 1/2" tall, 6 3/4" deep. I am looking for a device or product that will allow me to slide the radio in and out of an existing slot in the dash. Basically make the radio "plug and play" easly removable.\
I don't have a problem with making some modifications to the product, hacking or placing screws in my dash is not an option.
Thanks for any replies...
Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
do you want to be able to take it out all the time or just hide away and do you have a space for it in the dash
My Ride
http://members.cardomain.com/kwickymart
westcoaster 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to be able to install and remove as required. Unfortunatly if I were to attempt to leave the radio in the truck full time, The interior would be ripped apart and the radio gone...
I have an opening that is approx. two inches high and 7-8 inches wide and plenty deep. currently there is a pocket/cubby mounted in there with 4 screws The area behind the opening is larger so a box or tray of some sort can be mounted in there.
If you were to look at your cd drive in your computer. The radio is almost an exact fit in that opening as a size comparison.
All I need to do is find some sort of plastic or metal rails so I can slide the radio in/out of the dash.
I have thought about mounting the radio under/around the seat area but I need easy access to the screen and controls for programming. I also would like to be able to move the radio to another vehicle as required.
As a seprate rant... They sure don't provide any options for mounting radio equipment in new vehicles any more...
Thanks for looking...
Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok make a box with the harness if its the plug type sticking out enough but solid and put the radio on some kind of drawer rails like in your kitchen it might work just my thoughts hope it helps
My Ride
http://members.cardomain.com/kwickymart

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic