icon

remote engine shut down

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pr8gg 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Black Widow BW7150, in my 2001 Mitsubishi Galant and I want to be able to shut down the engine with the remote control of the alarm, like in the event of a car jaking, the alarm has a remote start feature, but I will not use this feature, the auxiliary neg. output is already used for the trunk; what can I do, and how? thanks for the help.

Randall

1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
my best guess would be to find the main ingition wire and cut it in half and install a relay so that when the relay is at rest it lets power flow through the ignition wire and then wire the coil of the relay so that when you press the button for the output it will energize the coil, breaking the ignition connection.
The problem I see is that most of the outputs that are used to trigger a remote start are 1 sec long, so it would kill the ignition for 1 sec then give it power again. You would have to somehow make the relay stay disconnected.
hope this helps
conrad
pr8gg 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  

thanks Conrad, so, anyone knows how I can make the relay stay disconnected?

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
im not sure if this would work...........here is what im thinking....you need to hold the relay open for a bit.....if you going to use the remote to trip the feature...then you have to be close enough for the range of the transmitter......if you take the relay and use an output (such as the siren output) that will last a little longer, you may be able to hold the relay open for 60 sec.....or you may have to use some kind of timer....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Very simple. Take the trunk wire and split it's output with a  standard relay. In other words, put the trunk output (from alarm) on 30,  the wire to the trunk release relay on 87a, (I assume you already installed a release relay?) and the ign. shutdown wire to 87. Run a ground to 85 and an ign (preferrably ign. 2 if it has one) to 86. The wire off of 87 will go to a "latching" relay  (yes, you need to locate one) which will open the main ignition line with one pulse from the trunk release ONLY when the ignition is on. If you pulse it again the ign. will reconnect.  Latching relay uses 87a and 30 for the main ign. line. Connect 85 to 30 on this one, and 86 comes from 87 on  the first relay.

When the ignition is off, the trunk release will operate normally. You will end up with two outputs from one wire.....ign. off, trunk release. Ign. 2 on, main ign. kill.  Hope this helps. 

wiretapper 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry one more thing to note....You obviously will only be able to pop the trunk with the motor OFF! If that's OK, then have fun and go nuts.remote engine shut down -- posted image.
RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
In addition....
1) You'll have to be carrying the remote on you at all times in order to prepare for your ordeal.
2) The jacker will be within transmitter range looking for you after the car smashes into a barrier without power brakes and power steering.
3) You are responsible for their death when the above happens at moderate speeds.
4) Please dont do this. Relays fail and can kill you and someone else. Its not worth it esp. with a Black Widow 7150. You never know when those things will explode.
Someone pass me that bottle.
wiretapper 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, I'm gonne enjoy this!  OK.........

1) Who DOESN'T carry an alrm remote with them at all times???? DUH!

2) In case you didn't know...this is a well known and accepted anti carjacking tecnique to kill the ignition AS SOON as you exit the vehicle!  NO BARRIERS, NO DEATH, JUST ONE  MORE DUMBASS carjacker that got caught in a vehicle that went NO PLACE! What would YOU do...sit there and wait 'till he got out and chased you??  I know I'd be gone. With the remote still with me! LOL!

3) In 17 years of installing, I've NEVER EVER had one Bosch relay fail! Use quality stuff!

4) If the BW7150 fails (and it will) (junk) it CANNOT still operate the relay in the way I explained it! If it fails, it fails to trigger the relay.

Geez, yer not a Metro graduate are you?

wiretapper 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, I'm gonne enjoy this!  OK.........

1) Who DOESN'T carry an alrm remote with them at all times???? DUH!

2) In case you didn't know...this is a well known and accepted anti carjacking tecnique to kill the ignition AS SOON as you exit the vehicle!  NO BARRIERS, NO DEATH, JUST ONE  MORE DUMBASS carjacker that got caught in a vehicle that went NO PLACE! What would YOU do...sit there and wait 'till he got out and chased you??  I know I'd be gone. With the remote still with me! LOL!

3) In 17 years of installing, I've NEVER EVER had one Bosch relay fail! Use quality stuff!

4) If the BW7150 fails (and it will) (junk) it CANNOT still operate the relay in the way I explained it! If it fails, it fails to trigger the relay.

Geez, yer not a Metro graduate are you?

Randall...do it and sleep well tonight.remote engine shut down -- posted image.

RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry Metro Grad didnt mean to offend. Youre telling me that if someone jacks you that you have the alarm remote in your pocket and not attached to your key ring? I dont think that applies to everyone here buddy.
You haven't had a Bosch relay fail huh.... maybe you should install some more alarms. 17 years of sitting on the side eating cheeseburgers telling part timers to fetch dont mean squat. The liability issue is key. Im not trying to light a fuse here but come on... this is what auto insurance is for.
If your that worried about getting jacked lock your doors and install bullet proof glass. No, Im sorry move far away. No wait, never leave your house.
Someone pass me that bottle.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic