icon

Remote Start in 1995 Eagle Talon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
My friend has a 1995 Eagle Talon that he wants me to help install a remote start in and I was wondering if there is anything special that I should know about installing in this vechile. I have the wire colors from here https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1995-97&make=Eagle&model=Talon&ID=17708&type=Alarm and figure this is all I need.
I know on my truck (1998 Chevy) I needed a passlock II bypass, so I don't want to start this before I know.
thankx
conrad
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
there is no factory immobilizer system to bypass and the ignition harness is simple.
1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
The wireing color list that I have says that the Factory Disarm wire is GREEN / WHITE @ the drivers kick panel. the only problem is that there are at least 4+ wires that are green with a white stripe in there. what wire do i use
thankx
conrad
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

IF the car does have a factory alarm, then the test is easy....slightly bare back each of the GREEN / WHITEs you suspect, and have a computer safe test light in hand with the clip on ground.  purposely set off the facory alarm (arm/lock and wait till it secures, then open door manually) and then individually probe each wire.  the alarm will stop when you touch the grn/wht.

most test lights bleed enough to provide just the right signal to disarm (or arm, or whatever), and if it happens to be a +12V circuit, it just lights up rather than shorting (like using a straight jumper would). is the car a manual?  if so, the clutch bypass is normally-closed type, and you'll have to interrupt the blue wire off the clutch switch to start.

good luck!

b

1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
another question the paper says that the tach wire is white and can be found @ the PCM. but the only white wire that i can find that does not have a stripe on it it has a series of brown dots going down it. is this the wire i use?
could i also get the tach signal from the inginition coil? there are 3 wires at it gray, black, orange what one would it be? How would i go about testing it.
thankx
conrad
ps can i attempt to start it without the factory disarm wire, would this work to see if it has a factory alarm, if it does have one what would the car do?
HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

looking down at the coil pack on the top of the engine, there is a flat connector on the right side with 3 wires.  Your tach wire is the one closest to the firewall (sorry, don't remember colour).  Testing for tach is easy.  Grab your DMM and set it to measure AC voltage.  Now ground one probe, and test the suspected wire with the other with the engine off....should read 0.  Now start the car and measure again....your tach wire will have measurable AC voltage which moves with RPM  (reach over and throttle up and watch it rise).  That is your tach wire...

b

1998chevy1500 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your help.
I will test the tach wire today.
My next question is, the unit that we are installing is a Bulldog 1100, and after hooking up all but the tach wire and the factory alarm disarm, we are able to lock and unlock the doors but when attempting a remote start it will flash the lights but will not start. Upon attempting to start it afterwards it will not let us lock and unlock the doors, we have to remove the battery post to get it to reset to make it work again, when we rehook the battery it procedes to flash the park lights numerous times (5+)
we did get it to try and start once but it gave a quick spin and then quit cranking.
also after doing all this we had a hard time getting the car to start with the key, it cranked but would not fire, after about 10 min of trying it finaly started, I don't know what happened
sorry for the long post but thank you all for all your help
conrad
HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

I would say that because you haven't connected the tach wire and programmed the tach setting, it knows not to try and crank.  I know for sure that Autostart products won't even attempt to crank without first having multispeed tach learned.

pulling the battery cable does nothing but reset the unit....I would suggest leave testing alone until the install is complete (something you should ALWAYS do) to avoid chasing your tail as you're doing now  :)  Get it all wired up and finished, run through the ENTIRE programming sequence and go from there.

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic