icon

please help a girl with no clue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
myl85r 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
my neighbour is installing my new xplod 12" sub and 2 channel amp and although he is experienced with electronics etc he hasnt connected equipment for a car before. Basically my question is to wire one subwoofer, does the cable only go to one positive and one negative channel making it a 'mono' ? any suggestions or sites anyone knows of with info?
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
usually you bridge the 2 ch. It should have markings on the terminals about bridging, information is most likely included in any directions that came with it. Check your impedences first as well..
staudio 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Xplod subs generally operate at 4 Ohm, and most amps can operate at 8, 4, or 2 Ohm stable.  If you run the positive of one channel to the positive of the sub, and the negative of the other channel to the negative of the sub it will bridge the amp which will have the effect of making the amp a mono amp.  Hope that helped.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
In order for us to tell you how things should be wired we need the models of the sub and amp so we know what you’re working with here.
Alien509 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you tell the friend hooking the stuff you to firstly before anything attach the ground wire before anything else. This will add a ton of protection against your hardware getting damaged. I found out the hard way and fried half my amp while hooking stuff up in my car.
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
"friends dont let friends use sony" thats our modo up here in sask canada lol.
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  

xTimx wrote:

Goes for Roadshops too....up in West Nyack....

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

xTimx wrote:

I love the Sony stuff I use.  Name another company offering 72 dB per octave digital slopes for their crossover. please help a girl with no clue -- posted image.

I think your above saying should include Xplod to be accurate.

staudio 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Whats wrong with Sony?  Well, yeah, some of their stuff hasn't been that great, but the LS Xplod's as well as the P5's are heavy hitting SPL subs, I owned a pair of LS-1236's and with just a little 300 watt amp bumped 87db, my boy whom I sold them to hits 100+ with his 860 watt amp.  Anyway, the whole point of this topic is not to promote Sony speakers, so I'll shut up now please help a girl with no clue -- posted image.
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
theres nothing wrong with sony please help a girl with no clue -- posted image., that is if you can get all there equipment under 20 bucks, cause thats what its worth, there right, friends dont let friends use SONY!
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
please help a girl with no clue -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic