icon

run wire from batery to back 2000 Xplorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rae_rae 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to install a subwoofer and amp.  My problem is that I can't figure out where to run the wire from the battery to the back of the truck to connect to the amp/woofer.  I can't find an opening through the dash and I don't want to drill holes.  I'm sure there's a spot to put it through, but I can't find it.  Any suggestions will help.
rae-rae
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

Most likely you will have to drill a hole unless there is one done from the factory with a rubber plug in it. I would do a careful check of the firewall above the drivers feet. Many times there is an area thats safe to drill. It may be covered by a round cutout of plastic and foam as I just found in my Chevy Silverado. Some vehicles even have a hole plugged with a boot.

I know how you feel about drilling holes in your vehicle I am the same way. If you notice though the factory has holes all over in the firewall to run things like wiring and heater core tubes etc. so as long as you make sure you dont drill into anything and always use a rubber grommet for your wiring you should be ok.

staudio 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
boomer's right, my friend has a 98' Explorer and we searched for about an hour looking for a good place to run wiring.  Explorers (well cant really generalize but...) seem to not have any boots, which can be poped out and wires run through and poped back in, or any openings that could be used.  We wound up drilling a hole just above the brake pedal and about 2 inches to the left (give or take), so boomer's right on with his info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic