icon

98 eclipse actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dolamite 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing some actuators in my 98 eclipse. So far so good, but i have no clue on how to get the wire from the inside of the door into the car. I have the wires ran through the door and coming out into the rubber boot but there is a connection block in the door jam instead of just having a hole there. I can't get into the connection block. Anyone know any tricks of the trade? I could use any help I can get at this point
plywood 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have run into a simlar problem on a old vechile that did not have a rubber boot at all.  I drilled a hole in the door jam and on in the frame, using a right angle drill.  Then grometed both holes and put rubber wire loom on the wires.  I f you do decide to go this route be sure to check where you are about to drill, to insure that nothing will be damaged.
Matt
Always remember to test wires with a Digital Multimeter!
jihadhi 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have two eclipse's and actually have ran wires through the door jam. You can pop the plug out and what I did was to cut a notch into the plug itself and ran the wires through the notch, the put the plug back in, it clipped back safe and sound.
Eclipt9 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

yeah what the last guy said

okay
corraudio 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
most molex style plugs will have room to drill through, just be careful not to drill into any other wires.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic