icon

1997 explorer remote starter/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mauricio 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I had a remote starter/alarm system installed in my 1977 explorer, but I am experiencing some problems:

1) when I remote start the truck, after the engine is running, the 4wd high and 4wd low light start to flash, and use to turn on the parking lights, no anymore

2)I can not have the system warn me for arm/dissarm with lights only, you know, instead of the chirps, only chirps I can use, the system comes with both options.

3) also I have to install the shock sensor  that originally was not installed due to a missing part.

if anyone can help me will be greatly appreciated

Thx.

Mauricio

mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

Did you ask a question? heh.... To install a shock sensor... go buy an adjustable sensor... there a whole 3$.. you can get as many as you want. 3 wires.... Red Blue Black....Red must be 12v all the time.... black needs to be a constant ground.... blue will be a + output... so hook the Blue wire up to the +door trigger wire.... be sure to use a dioed to isolate all the blue wires and to isolate the door triggers themselves.

Do your parking lights work at all? the parking light wire was probably hooked up incorrectly....

Depending on what model you have of alarm.... you should be able to stop it from chirping and or flashing

Mauricio 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,  last year I installed a FM-2009, remote start/alarm system on my 1997 explorer, since then I benn having some trouble that I am not able to solve without help:

1) whe I remote start the truck: the 4WD high/4WD low start to flash, only with the remote start, and before the parking lights use to be turned on automatically, and will will go off after I depress the barke pedal to dissengage the system from remote start, know the lights does not turn on any more, but the vehicle starts with no problems.

2)the system comes for amr/dissarm with a chirp or only lights, but know only I can ge it to work with the chirp only.

can anyone help me?

Thx.

Mauricio.

Mauricio 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Mike for your reply. I made a mistake with the year of my truck, instead of 1977, my truck is 1997.

to answer you questions: yes my parking lights works just fine without the system and:  when I remote start the truck, after the engine is running, the 4wd high and 4wd low light start to flash, and use to turn on the parking lights automatically, not anymore.

the alarm model is FM-2009, and use to work everything fine before.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic