icon

No sound in cd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d_dub 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a Sony Xplod head unit in my wife's car, it's a '92 BMW 325i, it plays great until you put a CD in and then there's no sound. If you turn the volume all the way up with a CD in, you can just barely here that it is playing but with the radio everything is fine. I used a wiring harness from Scosche and it did leave out 2 wires but I don't know what they are for. (#17 yellow/red and #10 BLACK/ white from the factory harness) The only wire left from the head unit was the amp wire. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance....
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

The vehicle may have an amplifier. First try disconnecting the lead in the vehice that's connected to the head unit's power antenna wire then try playing the radio. If you get no sound like you do when trying to play a CD, connect this lead to the head unit's amp remote turn on wire instead and your problem should be solved. If this is not the case, let us know.

No sound in cd - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

It's a Sony Xplod.  Try an Eclipse head unit next time, or a Panasonic. No sound in cd - Last Post -- posted image.  But seriously though, try the amplifier idea.  Since BMW is a European-car, you can get some pretty funky wiring set ups(such as seperate left and right parking light circuits.)

--mindctrl

Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i would say ditch the sony too but if its what you like try the amp thing then take it back cause its broke if that dont work
My Ride
http://members.cardomain.com/kwickymart
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
well I'm gonna have to cast another vote for the amp in the car.......if you're wonderin as to where it might be, a few of the BMW's have had it in the trunk on the left side near the wheel well
EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

There could be an amp in the car, but to me it sounds more like a case of the remote wire hooked up to the power antenna.

I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.
d_dub 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help, you were dead on. I swapped the two wires and it plays perfect. BTW: The Sony Xplod wasn't my choice, my wife brought it home one day and wanted it installed, couldn't talk her into a different unit!!! Anyway, Thanks again.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
You're welcome ;)
No sound in cd - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

Understandable :)  Just glad you got it fixed.

--mindctrl

wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

O c'mon....whats wrong with a Sony?  Higher end versions are pretty decent....

~wayland

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic