icon

mb quart 5.25 component

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of amp sould i use to power them ? they are the q series by the way. i like sq, but i am not a freak about it. also what kind of speakers should i use in the back to match these? i need 6in. for that application. should i power these off of one amp ? which one? sorry for the 20 questions. thanks guys
                                 signed
                                      don't know jack bout audio
Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
how many watts are they and what do you have in mind for the rears components or non
My Ride
http://members.cardomain.com/kwickymart
danxav13 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2004 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
I would recommend  a high quality 4ch amp capable of at least 45W Rms per channel.  Those speakers can handle 70W Rms but why push them?  Let it go full range on the amps' crossover and just adjust the eq settings if it has one.  As for the rears, I would suggest another set of MB's so they are sonically matched.  If you are not willing to spring for another set of the Q's (ouch), the Reference or the Premium is a good choice.   If you need coaxial speakers for the rear,  the premium has the ability to be made into a coaxial and still have the sound q of separates.  Hope this helps.  If not, PM me and we'll talk.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic