icon

2003 GMC + GM-U7 problem!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

Ive got a wierd problem on my hands, I have installed a remote start on a 2003 GMC Sierra P/U, all went well, programmed I the GM-U7 for the door locks/security/passlock.  Everything works great, however when you shut the truck off (with key or remote start), the stereo stays on (xm radio factory).  Even after letting it sit for 30 minutes (door closed, door locked) the radio still stays on.  As soon as I unplug the GM-U7 the radio goes off.  Im guessing that it is related to the GM-U7 bypass, but what the %$$#, anyone run into this??  I unplugged all wire to the GM-U7 except the power, ground and data line, reprogrammed it, and same thing.  Customer is waiting for his truck back, any suggestions??

Shawn

Hak
Siemens Autostart
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried replacing the GM-U7 module with another one? I am not familar with that piece but it sounds as though that is the problem. If the radio shuts off normally without the module hooked up then it should be the problem. If you are using the remote starter's negative out when running wire for more than one item, you should diode isolate the units as to prevent one module from keeping another awake.   This can keep the radio alive if you are using a relay for second ignition/accessory. You may also want to try hooking up a rearm wire ( pulses to ground after shut down) to the grey/black wire inside the driver's door at the door module. This is the driver's door open circuit and will tell the BCM to shut off the retained accessory power to the radio. Good Luck.
sparky
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I have another one that I tried as well, same thing.  And im out of the PLDATAs, or I would use a GMDL4 and a PLDATA.

Sparkie, you are the man!!  I had a second acc relay triggerd by the same ground output when running as the GM-U7.  I unhooked it, and walla... it works.  Thanks for such a rapid response.  I should have it done in time!!!

Hak
Siemens Autostart

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic