icon

1996 mustang v6 dome light not turning on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SDmustang21 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone know how/where the dome light wires are routed around inside the car? Started taking the car apart to do a custom install too it and i might have disconnected something while i was working.

Here's what i have taken out since right before i noticed that the dome light wasn't comming on.

• i took out the center console and everything up towards the middle of the dash
  • i took out the factory radio, radio amp and cables to make room for anything i want in that space, only thing i left in there was the antenna and speaker plug and main power/ground/etc plug
  • when i took out the radio amp there was a yellow wire going up towards the under side of the instrument cluster that i unplugged( which i tested and got a 12v power signal from, to which i figured must be the power for the factory amp), this is the one i'm thinking did the dome light..but not sure...maybe..
  • the center console had one set of wires i had to disconnect too besides the obviouse power and cigarette outlets.  I also notice two plugs that i'm thinking are for the cars that have the fog lights and convertible tops.
  • when i turn the dimmer knob to the position where the dome light should come on, i hear a click near the back in the trunk i think.

Well i hope i got everything that i did in there and some of the stuff i noticed, if that helps any.

Dome light won't turn on!   (cuz i know i forgot what my question was after reading all of this, heh heh)

Thanks for any help.  This is my baby...my first project car.

SDmustang21 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

Oh yeah...the map lights on the side of the dome light do work. and i replaced the light bulb in it like a day ago...but i'll check again..just to make sure..

don't know if this info helps with solving my problem

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic