Bulldog UT-B2 shock sensor - any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southpawboston 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
newbie question here.
i'd like to add a dual-stage shock sensor to my factory alarm ('02 hyundai elantra), which does not currently have (or support) any sensors other than door/hood/trunk switches. i wouldn't hook the triggers to the alarm unit (i could, usnig diodes), but rather i'd add it to the crimestopper pager that i've already added to the existing alarm unit. this way the shock sensor would trigger the pager but not the car's alarm, which i would prefer anyway. i really like the CS pager and know that it supports the addition of a dual-stage shock sensor.
i have two questions:
1) are bulldog accessories like this one reputable? if not, what brand would you recommend?
2) are the triggers pos. or neg.?
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
most sensors are neg. if its a shock sensor, you will need a pos, neg and a trigger wire. the most common colors are:
red
green
blue
i have ton of dual zone sensors
drop me your address in a PM and ill send one to you..no charge
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Southpawboston,
Just wanted to give you a few tips about the CS paging unit. If you want maximum range, and consistant paging ensure that you use a fixed antenna.
And do not use the vehicles radio antenna. If the antenna is one that raises and lowers. Then you are losing out half the paging signal, due to the amount of time for the arial to rise.
If the arial is a fixed antenna, again you are losing out on some broadcasted signal. Reason being, is that the facory antenna is not impedanced matched, nor is it of the proper height to maximize the gain in the signal.
A standard CB antenna is 48" long, without a gain amplifier attached.
Lastly, ensure that you do install the power supply directly too, the vehicles battery.
This will ensure maximum power output from the system.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
southpawboston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
dave-- thanks so much!!! i PM'd you the info...
evil--thanks for the heads up. i installed the pager using the small fixed antenna that came with the unit. range seems good to me; i've never really tested how far it will reach, but for my purposes it works great. i didn't mount the antenna as suggested (verticall, along the A-pillar). i mounted it horizontally inside the dash, behind the instrument cluster near the cowl. still seems to work great...
southpawboston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
david,
i received the AU-84TM sensor in the mail...thanks! that was very generous of you. i will make a $10 donation to the12v.com in appreciation of your thoughtful gesture!
i just wanted to ask, there is no wiring diagram but i noticed that the 4-pin harness plugs directly into my crimestopper pager main module. just to be on the safe side, i'd like to verify the color codes. i'm assuming red and black are +12V and ground, respectively (if so, then these match up with crimestopper's pins). green i assume is neg. trigger for zone 1, and blue is neg. trigger for zone 2. are these assumptions correct? and does adjusting clockwise increase or decrease shock sensitivy?
also, does the sensor need to be mounted on a specific axis orientation? i.e., vertically? or will it work secured in any position?
thanks again,
--anton

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic