the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Help! Can my battery handle this kind of load?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
day952 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2002 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
I recently came across some 5.6" monitors made by Rosen, the only catch is the are made to attach to the back of a PS One, sort of a game console and screen for those on the move. Here is the catch, the are made to run off of 110v using a power adapter that comes with the PS One, power input is rated @ 7.5 volts the adapter says it is 2000mA it is desinged to power both the screen and console " the screen mounts onto the back of the console" I adapted the screen to mount in my headrests after removing them from their original housing. I found a adapter made by Sony for this specific purpouse, it has a ciggarette lighter adapter on the end of it. found a trick to wire the adapter to a relay instead of plugging into the lighter socket, i have to monitors in the headrests plus a dvd player and Playstation one the dvd and playstation are never on at the same time. How do I know if I can Run the two monitors and either the dvd or playstation at the same time? Each has it"s own seperate inverter. Thanks Help! Can my battery handle this kind of load? -- posted image.
day952
enuro12 
Copper - Posts: 31
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2002 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

first what kind of battery do you have?

car?

do you have anything else on the system ie. stereo, amp, neon lights?

are you useing a power inverter for each head unit or is it a DC connection for the LCD's (should be)

you mentioned a 7.5 volt adapter, that powers both the playstation and monitors then you said you  have 3 inverters?

Be more disctiptive!!

Chuck,
tech junky
day952 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2002 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Enuro! Its a 1997 honda accord, there is a alpine cva 1005, and a small sound stream amp also running off of the vehicle. what i meant was there is a seperate inverter for each device ie: two monitors in the headrests and dvd player under the seat= three devices= three inverters. the lcds are meant to use 110v current but are sold with a inverter that makes them able to be used in the car " cigarette lighter adapter" thae screens were only $35 because they were on sale so i figured i would give em a try. thanks for your help.
day952
rockfblaz 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2002 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

It is definitely not the power supplying your screens. Think about it, if they drew too much current then you would fry the diodes in your alternator or your wires would fry. Those screens only draw milliamps. What you need is called a video amplifier. It will boost your signal so that both screens can work simultaneously.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic