2002 hyundai elantra stock alarm question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southpawboston 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
newbie question:
i have an '02 elantra with factory alarm/keyless system. i want to determine whether or not i can add a pair of window modules (to roll all four windows up or down) to this system. here's what the stock system can do:
(-) armed output (starter kill relay), no auxilliary output
two-button remote:
    one button locks/arms, flashes lights once
    other button unlocks/disarms, flashes lights twice
that's about it. it's a basic stock alarm, but upgrading to a different alarm system is not an option. i'm fairly comfortable with relays, diodes and capacitors, but otherwise i'm no pro. here is the way i was imagining controlling the window modules, but i'm not sure such a thing is feasible:
press arm button two times. this causes the lights to flash two times. harness this event with the (-) armed output signal to trigger window roll-up.
press disarm button twice. this causes the lights to flash four times. harness this event with the (dead) armed output signal to trigger window roll-down.
is this at all feasible? is it possible to create a trigger (in general) by a specific sequence of pulses (the pulses being the lights flashing)?
schematics would be helpful.
thanks!
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
every window roll up has its own way of working do you have a window roll up already. Most only require one neg input and the module does the rest.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
southpawboston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
i'm not sure what you're asking.
my factory system does not provide a roll-up or roll-down with the keyless entry.
the car does have power windows. i believe they operate by a standard two-relay setup.
the essence of my question was more along the lines of how do you create a trigger with a defined number or sequence of pulses.
also do the aftermarket window modules have built-in limit switches to prevent motor burn-out once the windows are rolled up or down?
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
yes they do most of them anyways. All you need to do is have the module triggered by one neg pulse.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
southpawboston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
i understand that the module can be triggered by a singly pulse. the problem is that if i allow a single pulse to trigger it, it will be triggered every time i arm or disarm the alarm. i can not have that. i have to create a trigger that is unique from simply arming or disarming the alarm.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic