icon

MTX Thunderform

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
king244 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
What does everyone think about the MTX Thunderform amplified box...?
I am putting in a multimedia deck probably pioneer
avh-p7500 along with 4 mb quart speakers and maybe the MTX Thunderform loaded and amp'd box into my 2001 dodge ram truck......
Any input...?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
If you are just after good sound, not "the" sound, it should sound fine.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
king244 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Well, i dont want to put a lot of effort or money but i dont want junk either....i think for 2000 complete it should be real nice....
the thunderform is nice because i wont have to build a box and wire a seperate amp, thats why im looking at it, but will it give me a nice tight punch for bass or is it too sloppy....i remember back when i was an installer mtx was a bottom to low mid class of sub, not the best quality but takes a beating...seems in the last few years they have gotten some praise thats why im wondering...?????
king244 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
anyone??
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
The line has matured quite a bit over the last 10years, it has grown by leaps and bounds in the 15 years that I have known about it, you should feel quite comfortable with the qaulity of the product. They are no longer a "bottom feeder" company, I believe they are poised to hand a number of American companies their a$$ in the coming years. The thunderform line of boxes does a great job for what it is designed for, it should nicely round out your system.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Have you looked into getting a JL Audio Stealthbox? I listened to a Thunderform for my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and then a JL Stealthbox and the difference was huge. JL makes a couple different models for the Ram and they can be picked up pretty cheaply on Ebay. The only bad thing is they do not come with an internal amp, but Mtx has really redeemed themselves in the past couple of years it seems. I am powering mine with an Mtx 421d, and it sounds incredible. Happy hunting on your choices!
Tim-May!
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

Go for the stealthboxMTX Thunderform - Last Post -- posted image.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
jl stelthbox, or custom     try local shops   you wouldnt believe what some shops will do on a custom box,    some dont like to do it. but if customers let me advertise on their car i normally give them a discount
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic