icon

03 Escalade/ relay help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kiteman 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
     Need some relay help. I'm working on a 03 Escalade. Try to do window up/down with relays. This vehicle has the new data bus system. so I was told that the windows would not have a groung for 5 wire hook up, and that I would have to also incorperate a 5 wire ground.  When I hooked this up, with out the window switches plug in it works, but when I plug the swicthes in the relays will only buzz and the windows will only move mm at a time, and the ground wire will get hot?  looking for help on wiring these up.
superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
it sounds pretty obvious - with the switches in, you're getting a short - maybe this would be a good time to take a voltmeter and check your wiring.... my guess is that with the switches in, sitting in the neutral position, they are grounding (even though that's supposedly not so - it would explain what's happening..... relays will "buzz" like that when they close to a shorted condition, and it will definately get the wires hot)
kiteman 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
       Thanks for the reply, after working on it for awhile, and getting overly frustrated with it. I decided to use the 530T window mod. which worked. I then thought about it for awhile and figured that when I first wired up the relay the regular way that I never pluged the switches in which did not ground them. Making me think that I had to wire up relays to also throw a ground.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic