icon

95 blazer s-10 signal light problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kalito 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

my left hand side signal light is not working properly ... it works fine on the day time when my lights are not on. as soon as i put my lights on, the drivers side signal light goes off, and on my dash the lihjt stays on, i think is some kind od short! but i don't know where to look for it is not by the bolt because is fine...( i've switched it from the right to the light and viceversa ) i have no idea where to look for a problem .. "too many wires everywhere ...."

BTY: sometimes it works fine but for now is not and i don't want to get pull over.. for anything

kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
well i just came from work and the silnal light is working fine ... ain't da a b*tch... can any one tell me a good place to look for shorts cirquids... for the driver side signal light...
itmdtr 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
Look at the front turn signal light bulb. The filament breaks, contacts the other filament, and you get an odd short.
itmdtr
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
is the the filament.. the bolt is just fine .. is a short cirquid b/c sometimes it work  w/o any problem.. and the last 2 day is being going of and on... right now is working just fine... i want to know where can be good places to look for problems like this...
itmdtr 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
I had this problem on my 89 S-10 Blazer. The filament inside the bulb breaks on one end and contacts the other filament. It wont happen all the time. Could be the front or rear light bulb>
itmdtr
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
i forgot to mention the i took the bulb out and it was on,but i was like there was only a little current going into it b/c i wasn't emitting much light. i saw it on but the light was not strong enough to see it from out side the housing...iwas gonna take a pic of it.... but when i push the unlock doors in my remote control, when the lights flash the light came up fully... now is fine... and i don't know i swaped the bult with the other side and it was still the same problem the other time... the same light did not worked...i want to see if there isn't any short before anything....
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
any one ... please!
hotrodelectric 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Check for a loose ground- on most GM truck products the front lamps grounds are on the core support near the lamp assemblies.
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
all the wires from the  signal light, lamp.... sometimes when i go over bumps and the light is "off" when the clazer hits the bump, the light goes "on"....and i can see there they are going... and i notice notice something else .. that when i turn on my hazardous lights the flash in diferent pattens ... they all go "on" and "off" at the same time but sometimes they flash fast(100 flashes per min.) and sometimes slow(20 flashes per min) what in the world can it be...
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Check each socket one by one.  Remove the bulbs and test for continuity across the filaments.  Shake them a little bit to ensure the filaments are solid.  Then take a look at each bulb socket.  I've seen problems before where the sockets weren't making good contact, so the light wouldn't come on.  Then when you hit the turn signal or hazards, they blink fast because of the resistance sensing function of the flashers.  Maybe the contacts are a little bent out of shape, or maybe there's too much grease in there.  You mentioned before one of the bulbs was coming on just real dim.  That's an indication of either a slight short (possibly) or extra resistance in the circuit (more likely).  Ensure you're getting around 12 volts to the sockets with the motor running.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic