kalito 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
and this is the tech. part http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/2003/boxParams/AW08T_box_specs.pdf but to me.  is just works b/c i really don't know what all of the means ,to figure the size of the box...
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
go on this site and find the sub box calculator and i am GUESSING that those 12" audiobahns are the ones that you are useing...so you just have to throw in some #s into the calculator for messurements until they add up to 1.5 or 2.5 cu ft. cause 3.5 cu ft. would be too much space just for one sub. messure your trunk or hatch first and then calculate it out on the sub box calculator. but remember to keep in mind to double baffle the sub cause these things are really really big.
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  

audiobahn aw1208t, box size? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.this is what i understand but that's about it... now i don't inten to enter any spl ompetition . but i want to get the best bass out of them...so i think the box has to be 6.30cu feet.i have the space i have a blazer s-10 and the back has to be at least 8cu feet but  to a 10cu feet. now is there a lot of difference bwtween the spl and the everyday base box (or midsize one)

audiobahn aw1208t, box size? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
seriously you dont need a box that big to have big hard hitting spl. not even for every day listening bass. my suggestion is, since the subs need 1.5 or 2.5 make the box 3, 5cu ft. single chamber braced in the middle with your ports along with it..hell with these 12's you dont even need the other subs that you have..this way you'll have more room to put groceries or a prostitute or something in the back..ya know that extra space that you would like to have
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

Greg,

a baffle is what you mount the speaker to, so no, you don't need to add any to your box.

kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

theblack  lines in between divide  the chambers, iand now i decide to put the amp in the with the box b/c on the back of my car there 4 big ass bolts and i'm gonna use two of them to hold the box down in case of any stichy fingers...so i'm going to use haft of my truck to do the box i have no exsact measure (to cold to go outside now) but i'll get them by tonight or just baybe later...audiobahn aw1208t, box size? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
welli've messure and this is what i have to work with   . i want to use al least have of it.. for everything amps, woofers, power caps... audiobahn aw1208t, box size? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
for some reason the pic. didn't upload, so here it is ... terll me if anyone have any suggestions for my box. the floor,  back, front,left, right panel will be wood and the top is going to be fiberglassed..audiobahn aw1208t, box size? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic