1987 S-10, shaved handles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mismith356 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hi All,
I am not in the sound or security biz and am not overly experienced in these areas but I have installed several head units and can use a test light.
I am mechanical and have swapped motors in cars and trucks                     and and am wondering if it would be feasible for me to try taking on an alarm, shaved handles, and power window install.
The target vehicle is my 87 s-10 project truck. Came with no electrical options whatsoever. Not even a factor stereo.
So, would doing shaved handles, and alarm and power windows be something I can takle or should I pay a pro??
If I do this, was thinking of SPAL (I believe this is the same as Autoloc??). Am interested in maximum reliability and only doing the install once. Would another brand be better or is SPAL pretty much the best?
Thanks in advance...
mismith356 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
Nobody has opions or thoughts on this?
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

too broad a question dood.....power windows have always been something I pass over....solenoids are no biggie, and neither is an alarm.  hook up with a real installer and get some pointers before you do it...

b

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
you just have to be creative when it comes to the windows. you will have to mount the motors so that they dont hit anything....the windows that ou buy should come with some ideas...you can take it from there..same thing for the other stuff as well...send me your e-mail and ill see if i can send you some pics to go by...they wont be for your type of truck, but they are pretty munch the same..
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
mismith356 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for responses fellas!
Sorry for being vague...Maybe I will go get some estimates for what I am considering having done.
Is SPAL a decent brand?
David, email is mismith356@netscape.net.
I appreciate the offer for pics! That's really cool man.
I live west of Orlando in Clermont.
Nice to "see" someone else from FLA in cyber land.
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
go for it, I did exactly what want to do before I became an installer, that's how you learn. It was my first alarm ever, it didn't look to pretty but it worked. Since it's a project truck you can take your time with it ask as many questions as you want and not be pressed for time. Good luck
Autos4U 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

I have a shop down the road from you, in Ocoee. Give me a call at 407-656-9708 and I will talk with you about the details.

Jim Tucker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic