icon

wiring pwr windows to work both directions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tokes99 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
I have just replaced the manual regulators in my crx with power regulators and I can only get them to work in one direction. I am using the basically all of the assembly from a 4g4d lx civic(auxillary fuse holder, switches, etc.). I have it wired like this -- constant 12v+ground +2 regualtor wires to each switch, I do not have a clue as to why it is not working, I do not really want to use relays (I do not fully understand their use). Can anyone help me out? All replies would be appreciated.
tokes99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry the title is supposed to read: Need help wiring pwr wndws to work in both directions.

mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

I can try to help you understand the 5 wire relay system so it makes a little sense to you maybe? Think of each wire as being a ground wire all the time. When you press the switch one way, it breaks the connection of one of the wires, making 1 12v and the other -Ground. Same way when you flip the switch in the opposite direction. Causing the window/actuator to work in/out and up/down. ... so do this.. wire up 2 relays and a 3pin switch. 87 and 86 of both relays 12V+. 85, wire running to switch on both relays. 30, wire running to each side of the motor/actuator (1 wire from each relay, to 1 wire on the vehicle) 87a to ground. Now... when the relay is sitting there inactive 30 and 87a are grounded and make contact... just as its supposed to be. When you push the switch in 1 direction, 87a and 30 are broken and 87 and 30 become 12V.....

That make any sense man?

EDIT: ~ Take your 3pin switch ... 1 is ground, each other runs to the relay...

tokes99 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

Uhh, I guess it does (I am slow).  I did actually look at the explanation of the 5 wire system on the site a couple of weeks ago but I just think it may be a little easier to find a way to do without the relays.  Any way I think I have found a solution:  I added a second negative/ground to the switch and SUCCESS!!!!  The windows now are functioning in both directions, so I am thinking that allowed the current to switch +/- to -/+.  Is that correct?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic