icon

2002 dodge ram, xbox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djitchyboti 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  

hey all, i just installed a pioneer AVH P6400 in dash monitor in my 2002 dodge ram.  i also installed an xbox to the monitor using a 400W power inverter (Vector brand).  As soon as I plug in the Xbox to this power inverter, the screen starts to have lines "scanning " up the screen.  A friend told me that this could possibly be a "ground loop", and suggested that I hard wire the power inverter directly to the battery. So I did....and...still the same problem...This is also the second power inverter that I have tried.  I would really like to have this xbox in my car, and I have heard people install these in their cars without any problem.  Please help....Also..if this helps, I hooked up a PS2 and it worked great...

Thanks Again for the help!!

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2004 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like it may have some "noise" issue try seperating the signal cables away from the power inverter. Also maybe a power filter to clean up the power line.
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
su_root 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

djitchyboti , the xbox uses an atx PSU just like a computer an requires a good ground in order to avoid interference, you have one of two choices judging form my experience. I have an 02 alty with xbox just like u and i ran into the same problem u just did.

solution one) throw away your inverter and buy a PURE sine wave inverter, 300w will do u just fine. Reason: the power generted by your home, is very clean, its oscillates in the form of the trig function sin(x). the power made by your (40-60$) inverter is a MODIFIED sin wave inverter. if you look at this signal on an osc. its all distorted and bad, which is y your are getting that garbage. the ps2 uses a diff type of PSU, which is y the ps2 is unaffectd by it.

solution 2) add a ground to your video rca cable. open up your rca cable for the video, youll see 2 parts to it an 'inside' and an 'outside'. take the outside and ground it to your cars chassis, or anything metal around the xbox. this will clean the signal a bit but not 100%.

either way will help, good luck.

rgds

djitchyboti 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the help guys...i grounded the video rca cable and it worked wonders....thanks again for all your help!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic