icon

12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sador 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2002 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Everybody!!12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition? -- posted image.

12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition? -- posted image.Do you know what's the best way to power a 7"flip down color monitor 12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition? 12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition? -- posted image.also do I need a  in line fuse to protect it?(900 mA)

12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition? -- posted image.Thank You

sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2002 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

Well, theres a difference between the two...12volt constant means even when the car is off there is power going to the monitor...12volt ignition will power the monitor only when the car is on...so its your choice.  I would recommend wiring it to the ignition just so you know your battery wont drain when the car is off...also, your monitor doesn't take too much current so you probably dont need to wire it to a relay; however its always better to keep as less load on the ignition wire as possible.

In regards to an inline fuse....you probably wouldn't need one but I know with every piece of electronic equipment I install in a car, I ALWAYS USE ONE.  So I recommend that you do put an inline fuse that is probably rated 3-5 amps.

-=Jason=- 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2002 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
yes. I second the idea of putting an inline fuse on your power line.  I fuse every component I have in my truck.  I like to think of it as a little bit of inexpensive extra protection.  I used a 2 amp fuse on my 5.6" lcd.
sador 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2002 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for you help guys
Also if I use a 12 volt ignition so I gonna lose my setting for my screen everytime I turn on my car that's right?
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2002 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

more than likely.. 12 volt constant or 12 volt ignition? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic