icon

1995 Altima brake lights not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
satchmoe27 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1995 Nissan Altima and my brake lights keep going out. All of the other lights work except for the brake and rear window. I checked the fuse for the brake light and it was broke. So I replaced the fuse with the same value and the brake lights started to work again. But when I went to the store someone flagged me down and told me my brake lights were out (again). I then checked the fuse again and sure enough it was blown. When I replace the fuse the lights stay on for about five minutes. Can anyone help me.
screamon deamon
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
If the fuse blows immediately upon insertion of the fuse, you have a short to ground situation.
If the fuse blows after several seconds, or minutes as you have indicated here. Then you have a high current situation which is exceeding the fuse(s) rating.
I would start by looking at the wiring, and all the bulbs. See if any of the connector(s) that hold the bulbs are shaffing or contacting the vehicles frame.
You may also want to look at any loose ground points in the lighting system. If the ground terminals are corroded, it will cause an intermittent surge, which would also cause the same thing.
Any power wire that runs to and from the lighting system that is schaffing against the vehicles frame will also cause a short to ground.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
satchmoe27 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot
screamon deamon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic