icon

JVC 3100/3150 or Alpine 9807/9827

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone I'm looking at 2 new cd players need advice on which one to get... Looking at JVC 3100 or 3150 same deck really...and an alpine 9807 or 9827 again same deck basically. My setup currently is 1 10" Ma Audio sub, Ma Audio 600w rms sub amp, Ma Audio 75x4rms 4 channel amp powering Ma Audio 6.5" Component set, and 5.25" 2 Way Ma Audio Speakers. Any advice is helpful(Not opposed to other types except Panasonic..and MUST be MP3!)
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
cant go wrong with an alpine..........
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
devilsquid 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

Alpine all the way!

just my two bits....

xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
NOPE, NEITHER!!!    AIWA ALL THE WAY haha...sorry just had to kill myself laughing. but seirously, if you want the look and sound. and stuff, go with jvc, this deck is sweet, i actually have the 1150, but the 3150 is waaaaay better, you can play mp3's on it and put your own pics on there too! :P plus when your cruisin at night, it looks so damn cool! :p, but alpine, ehh, to me alpine is all the same, they have all the same looks, even when progressing through the yrs. its those damn 4 buttons on the deck. they never change them! lol.
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Any more opinions??
devilsquid 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

im still set on alpine...they are the only head units i use...but thats just me.  A friend of mine bought a 9805 and loves it and ive got the 9811...great decks, and your looking at the one in between.

just make sure whatever deck you choose has three 4 volt preouts because you get a cleaner sound when driving amps.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Opinions are a dime a dozen as we all have our favorite brands, but for the educated and informed consumer or a retailer that sells what the customer needs instead of wants, we show them Eclipse.JVC 3100/3150 or Alpine 9807/9827 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
I've been lookin at them as well..but after looking at the features I'm leaning more towards the Alpine. I would REALLY like to find a deck w/o an internal amp as I don't need it and I've been told the preouts have a higher voltage. I've had an array of decks installed an array but I look for other peoples opinions on brands I personally haven't used. I've had a Pioneer, JVC, and Panasonic, out of the 3 I like the JVC best. I REALLY want to get the Panasonic Mobile Video system but don't have the money. Thanks for all your help.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Just because a cd player does not have a built in amp does not mean that the preouts are high voltage. You are seeing the peak rating of the voltage, just like the peak rating listed on the front panel 50w x4, right.... Be very careful when dealing with specs, they will not ever tell you how loud something goes or how it is going to sound. Find yourself a dealer of Eclipse and another brand, install the other brand and then install the Eclipse, I think you will be amazed at the difference in sound quality, and no spec superior or not can tell you this.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Go with the Alpine or Eclipse. I've never heard an eclipse head-unit but i've heard they sound really good. I have the bottom of the line Alpine CDM-9821 and I think it sounds better than any other HU in this price range. I'm sure their higher priced ones would sound great also. By the way if you dont want an internal amp Alpine does make a few without them. They dont have higher preout voltages but some people claim they sound better if they dont have an internal amp.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic