icon

Car starter does not work at night

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darth 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Something weird started happening one night when I tried to start my car with my remote starter. It would turn on the lights, but it wouldn't start it up. I was afraid something happened to it, but the next afternoon I tried it again and it turned on perfectly, but it happened again that night. The temperature during the night up here is about 10-20 degrees F and 30-40 during the day. It is a Viper 791 in a 99 Yukon. If anyone has any info on this please tell me.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
i havent heard anyone on here complain about the remote start wouldnt crank. i only heard that certain bypass freeze up and it doesnt bypass.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
profuse007 wrote:
i havent heard anyone on here complain about the remote start wouldnt crank. i only heard that certain bypass freeze up and it doesnt bypass.
I second that statement . . .
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Did you use tach sensing or voltage?? If you used voltage get a tach signal instead this will most likely solve your problem!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
actually try to put the key in the ignition at night time and try the remote start see what happens.If it dont start when the key is in the ignition check your tach if it starts when the key is in the ignition check your bypass module. You may need to disconnect the bypass module while starting car with the key in ignition so car dont see 2 codes at once.
darth 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Ok dont think of it as being the bypass module, think of it as the relays not clicking over to connect the starter and ignition wires to the 12 volt. usually you can here the relays being clicked over but now it just doesnt do anything. The car is fine when using a key so dont worry about that.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
i would say recheck all your connections to see if it help, i dont think its the case but i guess its a good try. check all ur grounding points.
maybe others can help you out.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check the fuses at the 2 thick red wires from the sattelite?? If these are blown the remote start will do nothing,but alarm will still work.
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure about this one but it couldn't hurt.  Some vehicles have two starter wires, one for normal start and one for cold start, when it's extremely cold bot starter wires show 12volts when cranking, I don't have anything that would tell me if this vehicle has two starter wires, but it all else fails it could be worth checking out.

ken

darth 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
both fuses are fine
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic