icon

in dash tv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2002 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to bye an indash tv soon and i'm trying to figure out how to wire it into my ford explorer, i am thinking about buying a lanzar or pyle tv but i want to keep my alpine headunit.  i only want to use the tv for a monitor.  so how do i wire it in, i am thinking that i will have to splice into the wires running my alpine head unit and that will get me my power ground and remote turn on, but how do i get sound do i wire that in too, or should i just fm modulate it, what if i am already running a fm modulated cd player, can i have two things that are fm modulated, thanks
rjahr01
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2002 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

how  much are you paying for the screen and how big is it.

i can get a full 7 " motorized tv screen only for a good price

also i have a package with a dvd or a vcr

now for installing it you can tap in to all the power wires of your head unit. which alpine are u using some have an aux input that you can pt the sound through. if not getting another fm modulator and using a diff frequency with it shouldnt be a prob as long as you dont put them on at the same time which i doubt u would do anyway.

if u live in near me i can even give u a price with the intall plus the tv package.what kind of car is it?

let me know if you are intrested  email me

bboy411@aol.com

Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2002 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
i can get a pyle or lanzar fully motorized 7 in tv for $545, this would be to use in my ford explorer, my alpine head unit is a cda-7874, it has two sets of rca outputs but no inputs, and how would i be able to set the fm modulator to a different frequency is their a certain button or switch i need to change to get to that frequency.  Thanks
rjahr01
amador 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2002 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
your going to have to buy a fm. mod. that have dirrfent frec. setting you can find one for about 45-50.dollars i wouldent pay more then that also make sure you get a small toggel switch to turn on and off the mod. radio shack has thoses for 3.00 so good luck
sonic boom
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2002 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

i can get you a good deal

7" indash fully motorized tv

dvd player with a tv tuner built in

pair wirless headphones

for 700

also got all cables and accessories if intrested

email me