icon

Permanent CD Player Installation?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Whoops, I meant Rob.  Don't we all look the same online?  Permanent CD Player Installation? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Sense 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks NINsane!!! I'll try this weekend.  Talked to my friend that works at Circuit City and he can install the bar behind the radio there.
Thanks for all your help! :D
Sense 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Permanent CD Player Installation? - Page 2 -- posted image.hell razor blades sound good too.  That's DNA evidence right there!
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  

I'm in forbiddens corner on this one. They will more than likely do MAJOR damage to your car if they can't get the radio out in a short time.

My question is, what are you gonna do if you DO get there "in time?" Will you have a gun? A camera? A knife? A lead pipe? There may be more than one of them, and only one of you. Not to mention, they'll have their "tools" or maybe even some of the things I mentioned above with them, and if their willing enough to steal your gear, my bet is they'll be more than willing to rumble if you force the issue.

Just something to seriously think about...

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

I agree.  There is no such thing as a "permanent" installation that cannot be stolen, and a theif, especially an amateur kid theif, will destroy your car out of spite if the system is too hard to get out.  Pros generally won't do that, but then again if a pro wnats your system baddly enough they will simply take the whole car and chop it.  Alarms are good deterants for amateurs, but again, there is no alarm that will stop a dedicated pro.

As others have said, if you don't want your stereo stolen, either don't let it be seen or don't park your car where theft is likely.  And installing a cheap stereo is not the answer as I've had $29 Radio Shack head units taken out of my cars, and I had the factory radio taken out of a Honda Accord.  Go figure.  My brother tried the raxor blades on the back of the HU trick and ended up being sued (and losing in court) by a theif who lost a finger.  My bro was told by the judge he should have put a warning sticker on his radio!!!

In any case, a good alarm and a good rear-strapped installation will deter most amateur theives.  But it will not make it "permanent" if someone really wants your gear.

goldfinger 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:

My brother tried the raxor blades on the back of the HU trick and ended up being sued (and losing in court) by a theif who lost a finger.  My bro was told by the judge he should have put a warning sticker on his radio!!!

Whoa.  That's totally not right in soo many ways.  I can only imagine how pissed your brother must have been after that happend. 

Sense 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
All i'm saying is that doing something is better than doing nothing.  What am I suppose to do?  Just keep letting thieves get over on me easy?  No.  I mean am I in the wrong here for wanting prevent someone from taking what I worked hard for?  Oh yeah, that judge should be fired! Makes no sense what so ever.  I'd rather put up a fight thanks for your concern
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Yea, the guy who ripped into his car was in jail and he sued my brother in civil court.  My brother had to pay for the guy's medical bills and a $50,000 pain and suffering judgement.  He appealed (based on teh fact that the damn theif wasn't supposed to be in his vehicle in the first place) and lost.  Gotta love Kahlifonia (as Arnold might say it.)

Like I said, get a good alarm, don't park the car out in the open or on dark streets, rent a garage if you can, and hope for the best.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic