icon

Cost of Install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

I own a 2002 chevy cavalier....What would be charged to have a 7" screen, aftermarket HU, and have the Heating an cooling controls down to a non-existing area(below where they are now)???? 

So let me clarify this a little better....the 7"screen would go in the place of the factory radio.....the aftermarket HU in the place of the heating and cooling controls(I am gonna be using a cd changer if the cds would not go in the HU easily because of the shifter)....and the h + c controls in the open space below where they used to be.

If you have a better way of doing this, please feel free to give me your input.  I would like to keep the vents where they are if possible.

1 plus 1 equals 2
staudio 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
What would be charged is a very broad question. It all depends on who and where you go. Having never done a dash customization in a cavalier I couldn't give you a good shop estimate.
technodigifreak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i don't even know if its possible to relocate your H/AC controls, it all depends on if they are electrical or are mechanical, you might want to talk to your dealer before talking to anybody about an installation
Hot-Modder
puff head 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
1 word........alot!Cavaliers are cars that are hard to do!Fo a simply deck install you have to take the dash apart!And relocationg of the H-Vac controls is going to be alot!Just to give you a rough estimate....at LEAST $300 for labor if not  $500 some shops may not even do that if they don't feel safe about  it!
1998 mercury mountaineer
Directaudio22 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
the basic deck install with intergration piece will run $125 or so.as far as a/c relocation and custom center console will run from $350-$500 depending in covering.(i.e. paint or vinyl) opt for the vinyl and it will be cheaper because it takes less prep.any cheaper and i would question the quality of the work.
chase84720 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

hey that sounds pretty cool ! I know i should start a new thread for this but i woudl really liek to switche the posistion of my HU and heater/ ac in my 2001 gmc sierra. i jsut bought a new pioneer deh850 and u cant read the clock because the unit is too high. and suggestions on how i could do it?  

p.s. i am a DIY kindof guy

chase
technodigifreak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

chase, the longer you have that pioneer, the more you'll love it, i used to have one

Hot-Modder
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Pioneer no. Eclipse or Alpine yes.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
radio should have a clock.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
the clarion dxz935 is my head of choice, you cant beast the v.s.e. and the pl II
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic