icon

DEI 529T & BMW OEM Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kbcaleb 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
I have already added a DEI  504M to my factory BMW OEM alarm and it works fine but now i want to add a DEI 529T Power Window Roll Up  Module. This will roll up windows on  activation. My question is, can this be done and is it possible to add more modules to do both the rear windows and sunroof. Also this car  is a  2003 BMW 330i and has both one  up and down windows all  around including sunroof.  Any help or recomendations of someone in the Houston/Austin area that can pull it off?
stephen.chu 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
I too added DEI 530T which is very similar to the 529T except it has one touch up and down built-in to the modules.  I have them on the front and rear of my 98 grand cherokee and am searching for some similar answers as you on how to hook it into my factory alarm.  I'm down to locating one wire on my vehicle which is the 'ground when armed' wire from the factory alarm which when hooked to the modules will signals the modules to send all the windows closed upon arming the vehicle.  If I run across anything on your 03 Bimmer I'll let you know.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
howdy my houstonian fellow
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
Before adding the module I would try this :
Open the windows and the sunroof.Close the door.
Put the key into the lock and turn it to lock the doors.KEEP it turned for 10-15 seconds. If your windows will start rolling up keep it until they are closed complete. Then KEEP it more and see if the sunroof will close also.
If this happands you will only need some timer relays (DEI 528T) to do the job :)
Let me know.
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
i have an 03 325i     i put a 790xv in it   with a channel expander   ii used the validity out puts to lock and unlock that way if i unlock all the doors i can use that validity channel to roll them down then i use the second validity channel to roll them up   hope u get what im tryin to explain  email if any questions
ExactOh 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, this car should have the 'extended key-in-lock-position' automatically closing all the windows and sunroof.  Measure the time it takes to start the windows/sunroof to begin closing and add the time it takes for these processes to complete, and install a timer relay that sends that signal for a sufficient amount of time.  I would add a little time to your measurements for your timed relay choice, 'cause I know mine take a little longer in colder weather, although what are the chances of you having your windows all the way down when it's cold. lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic