icon

91 Mazda MPV doorlocks - problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

did an Autostart AS1725SH on the above van today.  went smooth as silk (best in a long time) other than the doorlocks.  I found the GREEN/ black wire under the pass. dash, and it tested as it should have.  However, it doesn't work!!  I can pulse ground on the lead and the doors will lock (as they should).  opening the circuit should unlock, and it doesn't. 

testing revealed that this is a toggle system.  manually unlock the doors, the wire tests at nothing, BUT with a slight voltage bleed of about 4 or 5 volts.  Manually locking the doors puts the wire at ground and it stays there.  I'm stumped...wired the relay exactly like the diagram showed, and it would lock but not unlock.  I get the feeling that something is wrong with the vehicle...

the when the circuit is open, the side going to the module is the one that bleeds voltage.  the other rests at absolute zero.  when the doors are locked, it goes to chassis ground, and stays there....

any thoughts?    b

kiteman 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
     You will need a relay to do these door locks.  -- 86--12 volts,  85-- lock wire coming from the alarm,  now take the one wire in the mazda that you use for door locks and cut in half.  take the side that coming from the switch and your unlock wire from the alarm and hook up to 87A on the relay, and then take the wire in the car that you have left and hook up to 30 on the relay, and your door locks should work.
HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

kiteman wrote:
     You will need a relay to do these door locks.  -- 86--12 volts,  85-- lock wire coming from the alarm,  now take the one wire in the mazda that you use for door locks and cut in half.  take the side that coming from the switch and your unlock wire from the alarm and hook up to 87A on the relay, and then take the wire in the car that you have left and hook up to 30 on the relay, and your door locks should work.

if you re-read my post, I "wire the relay exactly as shown in the diagram", and it only locked.  I'm convinced that the bleeding voltage has something to do with it.  In the configuration you list above, locking will pulse ground on the circuit, and unlocking will open the circuit.  this is EXACTLY what I did.  I wasted a lot of time trying to work it out manually....

I found the GREEN/ black wire at the timer mod. under the pass dash as per instructions.  I opened the wire and connected a pair of my own wires to run across.  from there, I could NOT get it to function as the diagrams show even manually controlling the wires....

I'm stumped!!

b

tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

is this what your diagram shows

output to the relay should be negative

if it does not work then the wire that you cut must be hooked up backwards

also my colors show using a GREEN / WHITE

91 Mazda MPV doorlocks - problem? -- posted image.

tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

whoops sorry about that

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note206.pdf

HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
tblanning wrote:

whoops sorry about that

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note206.pdf

that is the diagram that I used.  followed it to a tee!!  I got the sheets from several sources, and they all said GREEN/ black at the timer mod.  the wire I grabbed does indeed do the doorlocks, as I can lock them.  just not unlock.  If I open the wire, the locks don't work, I close the circuit, they operate normally...this is definitely the right wire.  what source do you have that says GREEN / WHITE?  designtech?

b

HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

now that I did some digging, I see that techsoft shows GREEN/ black.  designtech and bulldog both show GREEN / WHITE.  reason why I took techsoft as better as it was BANG ON on the rest of them, where the other two were wrong in a few cases (parklamp, etc were wrong).  there were a few wires going to the timer mod, and as soon as I saw the GREEN/ black and tested it, I stopped looking.  is it possible that the wire I grabbed is wrong?  anybody out there find this one out the hard way too?

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic