icon

Recommended remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eclipseturbo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to put a remote starter in my 03 Alero. I dont care too much about security, but would like a good starter with long range. It would also be nice to have 2 way communication.
I had a dei security/starter unit in my old car that had good range. I think it was a sidewinder.
What unit would you reccomend? I can get some at cost from best buy.
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
go with audiovox!
advanced529 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

791 by viper or RS3.5 by Clifford.. It is the same alarm just differant packaging.. Best Buy I believe carries the Clifford model..

crxtasi 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2004 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I used to have the DEI Viper 550ESP on my CRX but then the 2-ways came out. I went ahead and got the Audiovox APS-995C and I am very happy with it. The big push I had to switch to Audiovox was that the Viper 790xv only had one remote and it was bulky for my taste while the Audiovox gave you a 2-way and a regular 4 button remote. Now I have gotten the Audiovox APS-996C for my Scion.Oh yeah Audiovox have a lot more aux output than the viper e.i. window module, pop trunk, etc.
hope this helps,
crxtasi
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
I've seen the new Crimestopper RS999TW1 on ebay for under 100.00 It uses a compact pager/remote transceiver that gives you a "Flashback" alert for engine start, stop, keyless entry for assurance of knowing if the vehicle is running. It has a spare one-way remote included. Looks like something I might try for my mom's new car. I have a Viper 790xv in my car but they are pretty expensive, only one remote and cost at least 75-80 bucks for a spare or to replace.
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
If you need 2 remotes I would go with the Valet 554R if not go with the 791XV.
Both systems are ok , I install them every day and they just work and I don't think I am just a lucky guy :)
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Autostart..... all the way
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Go to www.commandoalarms.com. I sell and install their products and have had great luck with them. Exceptinal range,great reliability and easy to install. The ez-2500 remote starter is very nice. It has a tachless feature and the remote will operate two vehicles(with same unit installed on each vehicle)Very cool feature! Look them up.
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

Everyone has there opinon for alarms and RS. I use a brand called Scytek. The guys at scytek used to work for clifford before they were bough out by DEI. I have had no problem with them and they have very good range.

http://www.Scytek.net

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic