icon

deck into benz w/factory alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
IIrjII 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

Hi.  I have a question.  I work for best buy as an audio installer and I am fairly new.  2 days ago  we had a mercedez benz with a factory alarm in it.  I believe it was a 88 or 89.  Well, when we installed the deck, the factory alarm kept going off.  The only way we could get it to stop was disconnect the battery.  Well, the benz stayed over night and I didn't see how they fixed the problem because I had the next day off.  Anyway, I don't think they completely fixed the problem but its gone now.  Does anyone have any tips on installing decks into a benz with a factory radio to avoid this problem?    Is there a way to hook up an aftermarket deck into the benz with a factory alarm so that it retains the alarm?  Thanks.

fatalglitch 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  

I also work for Best Buy, store 293 (Rockville, MD). I've had quite some experience with Mercedes, and have never run into that problem. Be wary though of all benz's. The radio memory fuse and the SRS fuse are the same fuse, so on those fun rewires.....be careful with your memory wire!!!!! Need any help, look up our store and gimme a call, my name is Tom.......

IIrjII 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Tom.  I work for store 188, Chula Vista Ca.  I'll remember that though.  I didn't know about the memory fuse and srs fuse.  Is that all years of benz?  Or just the newer/older ones?  Thanks again.
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
on the factory radio there is a wire that gets ground when the radio is in  if u ground this wire the alarm should work fine  oh ya  power ant. is a clip on the back of the radio similar to a ground       have fun
IIrjII 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks.  Do you know which wire it is?
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

not sure from what i remember it was in the same harness as the power wires if that helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic