icon

ABS light on after installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vette913 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

I just got finished installing a remote start/ alarm system on a 1996 GMC Jimmy.  It didnot have a vats system or anything and the installiation went very smooth.  After installing the system the ABS light came on and will not go off!  Is this in anyway connected to the wiring harness at the brake switch or is it even connected to the remote start at all?  All sugestions are welcome in helping me figure this thing out.

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
You may have bumped the Airbag wires. Usually in the yellow plastic jacket with a warning sticker. I had that happen and the dealer had to reset the computer. Or it may be the anti-brake sytem.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
did it happen after th einitial remote strat?? Make sur eyou have connected any exra ignition wires .
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

check the abs brake fuse, also if its good try turning the car off pull the fuse and wait a minute then put it back in and try starting the car, i seen a 92 cavalier with this prob, and it was actually in the owners manual on how to try and fix it.

vette913 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
The light actually came on after i completed the install, it doesnt matter if the car is remote started or not, everything worked fine untill i hooked up the brake kill switch, that is when the light came on.  There were about 7 wires coming off the brake switch, i checked them all with a test light (computer safe) and hooked the kill switch to the one that had positive when the brake was applied.  When the truck is started the light goes off breifly then comes back on.  I was hoping that i didnt have to take it to a dealer!
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Try to take out the brake wire and see if the light goes off. If it is then you might try to diode isolate the wire.
If is not going off try to go at GMC and have the computer reset.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

on alot of GMs you can disconnect the battery terminal for 10 mins and it will clear the OBD code. Still works on all Fords and Chrysler/Dodges.    Just a thought

jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Yep , that also would be a good ideea ABS light on after installation - Last Post -- posted image.
Damn cold here ...ABS light on after installation - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic