icon

94 mustang parking light flash prob.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
telmd 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

installed alarm in 94 mustang coupe. connected parking light flasher to brown wire on driver side. Parking light flash when alarm triggers, arms, and disarms. Problem is that the dash lights and clock also flash. Wondering if there was another wire that i should have used or is this normal. hoping that it's not normal....;). and that i have the wrong wire. Also the alarm that iinstalled does not have a pos. + door trigger so I used  relay to reverse the polority. seems to work for triggering alarm, but doors don't auto lock and unlock when car is turned on/off. wondering if the relay is causing the problem

thanks in advance,

te'

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
The dash lights usually flash with the parking lights. That is normal. You could use your headlights if you don't want the dash lights to flash. Did you diode isolate the door trigger?
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

its not recommended to flash headlamps in more modern vehicles...halogen lights are not designed for quick power up/down cycles as in flashing from an alarm, and this will dramatically shorten the life of the bulbs.  this is esp. troubling when people have more expensive aftermarket bulbs installed  94 mustang parking light flash prob. -- posted image.

b

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
make sure you have the unit set for start lock feature
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
telmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

from what i can tell this P.O.S. alarm has no way to change any of the features...IE door trigger(+/-), auto lock on/off. Guess that's what i get for buying off ebay...lol. instructions were as clear as sh*tty water, but everything seems to work fine except the auto door locks....They lock/unlock fine when arming/disarming alarm but won't when turning car on/off...... Also just found out that the alarm can be armed with remote while the car is running. Checked all connections to be sure ACC wire is getting power when car is on.....  Any thoughts.... :) as I know this forum is filled with much brain power

draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
and you do have the door trigger wire hooked up??
well you can always start over with a better brand.
ouch! can you return the unit??
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
telmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
everything seems to be hooked up properly.  Alarm activated when a door is opened. I used the diagram in relays section to reverse the polarity of the switch from positive to negative.
draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
call if you get a chance...
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
is it possible that the lock/unlock with ignition on/off feature must have the door closed? not sure which door trigger wire you've used, but if it has any delay to it at all, then try waiting for your domelight to turn off first before turning on your ignition. from the sounds of it, it seems that you have everything else right.
good luck
telmd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

For those interested as I am clueless. Have tried all suggestions provided and am still at a loss. Attached is a pic of the diagram that was provided with alarm. Text in blue are the connections that I have made. Was brought to my attention by draasch(btw thanks for the info) that this is most likely a Euro alarm which may or may not have something to do with it. But maybe you might see something that i've done wrong in making the connections.

94 mustang parking light flash prob. -- posted image.

http://members.aol.com/dsmotorsinc/alarm.jpg

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic