oil indicator light for remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
salsosa12 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I am installing an alarm with remote start in a 96 Acura 2.5 TL and the alarm is asking me to connect a wire to the oil indicator light or wrap it around a high tension wire. I do not understand what they mean by that. Remote Start will not work unless i connect this wire. I tried connecting it to a Tach wire but it won't work. I'd appreciate any help and if anyone knows where a Oil Indicator Wire is in a 96 Acura 2.5 TL.
Thank You
Nick
white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
is this wire just for the oil light?
is there a sepperet wire for the tach?
i think this wire is opptional if you can't find the tach.
or this wire might be for either or, but the tach needs to be learned. let me know.
d.s.
corraudio 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
rovingtek 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
salsosa12,
I think that, since the oil light wire that comes from the engine oil pressure switch has a neg (-) ground when the engine is not running... the minute you stert the car, that wire is no longer grounded, consequently preventing the starter from running if you accidentally press on the remote start button.
just my 2 cents.....
salsosa12 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Alot To You All....I Got It Working......The Unit Says To Connect That Wire To An Oil Indicator Light Or A High Tension Wire By The Coil....I'm Guessing The Unit Is Tachless Because It Has No Tach Wire......It Was Really Hard To nderstand The Manual Because The Buyer Ordered The Alarm From Japan And The Manual Was In apanese And Just The Wiring Diagram Was In English But It Was Very Broken Engish.......I Connected It To A High Tension Wire And Its Working Fine Now.....Thanks For Your Help....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic