icon

Ultrastart 4255/4500, Prestige, Marksman

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
yeah that makes me think that is what i hate about the crimestopers there programing sucks but it i still a great unit! (1 comeback out of 900 plus installs)
I would only use or sell good products i believe in dei units as well as cimestoper units i've heard autopage is good but never used it.
Marksman seems ok but i have only installed a few so i cant say muh about that one.(0 comebacks)
Prestige seems ok but i have only installed a few, The wiring sucks though.(o comebacks)
Design tech seems ok but i hate the programing on most the units i hate that stupid initializing thingy they have. 0 (comebacks)
Omega well I dont know I only did one and it was a faulty unit.
well here goes my last thought for today (Ultra starter i did maybe 100 units and well at least 30 came back,but im sure there are more problem cars out there) actually everytime i hear a stupid car chirp for wind blowing or a feather drop on it i know it is the ultra starter having one of its days.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
maybe i should have said at least 50 comeback son the ultra start. Thats right half the units i installed came back with no installer error all faulty units!
white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
it was good, take it easy and lets hope they don't catch all the car thiefs or we'll have to find somthing else to talk about like, sportsUltrastart 4255/4500, Prestige, Marksman - Page 2 -- posted image.
d.s.
cbr123 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Mobile, White Caddy.

I really was thinking about just getting the UltraStart, but the last thing I want is to have to put up with trouble.  I would much rather have a shorter range and not have to deal with problems like that.  Now its between the Prestige and Marksman.  I love the way the prestige remotes look but I don't think it shows the interior temp on the remote.  Anybody know which one will have better range?

white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
not sure about range on those units but i know the autopage 750 has a temp sensor and shows on the lcd.
d.s.
cbr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, I just found that on their website.  Their 850 does it too.  The M11 from Marksman also does it.  It looks like they all will probably have about the same range.  Now I just gotta figure out which one stands out from the rest for me.

sniper99 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed the autopage 750 in my truck and the prestige 996 in my car.  I have been pretty happy with both.  They both show the inside temperature of the vehicle, the autopage has a seperate sensor that you mount and the 996 has a sensor inside of the control module.  The 750 has been a very reliable remote start with decent range but like stated before the LCD transmitter is fragile.  I cracked the screen so nothing is veiwable anymore, and a replacement is like $100 at least.  The 996 was more affordable I picked an extra LCD up for like $40.  I cant comment on how well the 996 works for remote start because I dont use it.  But  install was pretty simple and I havnt really had any problems with either.

Jason

cbr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

Jason,

Does the the 996 show the car interior temp on the actual LCD remote?  I was under the impression from the manual of the 996 that it displayed the temp on a display mounted in the car, not on the remote - which seems rather pointless.  Which one has better range the Autopage or the 996?

sniper99 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, the Temp is displayed on the LCD.  As far a range goes I would say they are fairly equall but I have never really tested them both in the same location to see which one is better.  I bought the 996 becauseI wanted something that had alot of extra channel with the ability to configure the remote buttons for my mustang I really didnt care about the remote start feature.    If I had to say which one was better quality I would say the 750 would be my choice for remote start ( that is what is on my truck).  When I purchased the 750 the 850 wasnt around yet but it has the extra channels that I was looking for back then, but the remote looks a little bigger now.

Jason

cbr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

Man, I don't know how I got the wrong idea from the manual but that's good to know.  I had pretty much ruled that one out because I thought it did not display the temp.  I like the looks of the remotes on the 996, and if the range is as good I just might go with it.  I still need to do some more research.  I have been so busy with other stuff, it may be awhile before I actually get around to buying one.  I guess it's no rush, not like I wanna go out in this cold and install one anyway.

Brian
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic