Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
  YES!
mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Im wondering how you narrowed it down to a TPS yet couldn’t identify what it was to begin with. Truly solving the problem isn’t taking guesses at what it might be; it’s figuring out what is wrong and making the proper repair.

Your vehicle is equipped with OBDll system. Any qualified tech with the proper tools can easily read the live engine data and tell you exactly what the problem is... there is a reason why the TPS is riveted to the intake, actually two... it stops people from tampering with them and throwing their emissions out of wack and is riveted because they don’t go bad unless you do something you shouldn’t i.e. ~ Run without an air filter ~ which will also cause idle fluctuations on that vehicle

RBBRINK "Poeple will adjust up idle to compensate for bad mounts"

Im wondering how adjusting the idle will help compensate for the motor rocking back and forth and causing torque steer?

anyways, have a qualified tech take a peek at it instead of playing guessing games

Leshka44 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
To
mikeshonda750 .

This forum made for us that dont know everything and we want it done chipper so i am going to figure out whats the problem is. ANd i dont need no computer to see whats wrong i see it with my eyes its TPS sensor. okey!!!
mikeshonda750 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

Well, im wondering now .. how are you visually able to tell its a TPS? I suppose you could be using a ohmmeter and the ohmmeter is visually telling you its bad. How did you check for vacuum leaks? Because you did not see it leaking, there are no leaks?

Also, I may be totally incorrect but nowhere in the forums does it say "car repair"... i guess the reason why I am sorta against the whole concept of guessing games is because usually in the end, someone like myself gets to actully solve the problem, and correct the mistakes made by the DIY cheapo is all.

I offered my advice, also gave you a few reasons it could not be the TPS, and heres another ~ Fuel Pressure Regulator ~ but also explained the proper steps in determining what the actuall problem is, but you wont have any of that, and thats fine, but no reason to get upset about anything

Mike~

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic