In car MP3 player auto changer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
starlitz 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Can any one recommend good auto changer cd/mp3 players using a standard din size head unit, 50 watts * 4, and costing between 150 and 400 UKPounds.

I've tried to narrow it down but it's a bit confusing to me.

Cheers

Starlitz......
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

shpeaka d engrish.. I'll try and translate what you are after, you would like a indash cd/MP3 player that holds one cd that you can also add a cd changer to, is standard size and fits in x $ range?

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
starlitz 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

I thought I'd try and be technical but obviously it failed.

Here goes, I'm looking for a in dash CD/Tuner that is capable of playing MP3's, preferably with 6, 10 or 12 disc auto changer, but must have the capability of adding one if not. 4 speaker , as they all are, and approx. 50 watts per channel (26 to 50 watts rms not peak). I'm not worried if the autochanger is not MP3 compatable as long as the head unit is.

I'm looking at spending somewhere in the region of £200-250, Canadian $450-600, US$350-450, A$450-580............

Is that more sense to you, oh and it must work in the UK!!!!!!

Starlitz......
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Many cd player will work for you in this catagory, one of my favorites and I'm sure that the senior members of the site will agree, is Eclipse. The new models are being released soon, look for a new model of the current CD5423, it has what you need, save for the MP3, the new model is said to include MP3. Very few cd player's in the market today are an indash cd changer, most will only accept 1 cd, thus the add on cha changer or hard drive is your best bet. See Eclipse's web site at www.eclipse-web.com for some good info on the cd players they offer, then post up some more questions. Be aware though, no spec can tell you how a cd player will sound and very few cd players actually make the power that they claim. Hope this gets you started.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
crxtasi 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah theres a ton of cd players out there for you. Alpine makes both CD/MP3 indsah players and a 6disc CD/MP3 changer. Alpine They have a range of head units that might fit you.
hope this helps
crxtasi

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic