icon

blinking led

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
babysho 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Does any know how to make my led on my alarm blink faster. I sure someone must know help!!
ar
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

unless someone know the insides of the alarm no one can really say, you cant just increase frequency.. well you could use a phased lock loop...

bottom line if you want to get a faster flash rate you are really going to use a different flasher and run it off the neg when armed lead.

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
is this an aftermarket or factory alarm that you're talking about?
if it's aftermarket, you can use the (-)armed output (which probably is connected to a starter kill relay also) and switch your led to one of those flashing 12volt ones. or use one of those super bright led's that come with the flasher pack.
you'll have to add a diode to your armed output wire though, otherwise the led will never turn off.
if it's a factory alarm, then the answer is no, unless you wish to get right into the circuit board of the factory alarm.....highly not recommended.
southpawboston 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
SOME factory alarms have a (-) armed output. my hyundai factory alarm has this, it controls the negative side of the starter kill relay coil. i have used this output to add a flashing LED and other accessories.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic