the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Crossfire 1000D Amp Stuck In Protection!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BrettG 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
This morning I drove to school and my system worked fine as usual.... After getting back in my car to leave (not touching anything) I started the car and my amp was in protection mode..... I do not know what happened. I tryed turning the car off and on and still nothing. I am in PA and it is cold out so it cannot deal with overheating right now because it is 12 degrees out....
PLEASE HELP!
Brett
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

What make and model sub(s) do you have? But to start off disconnect the sub(s) from the amp, turn it on and see if it still goes into protection mode. If it dose disconnect the RCA's (use caution do not touch the rca's to metal or one another) as well and see if it comes out of protection mode. Post your results.

BrettG 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 DEI Comp-X 12" ..... the amp is the factory modified BMF-1000D. I just removed the rca's and still in protection, then I removed the speaker wire, and still protected... I waited about 3-5 min. in between each to see if the light would change over. I then unplugged my remote wire and ran a jumper from the remote to 12+ to make sure it wasn't that. After that it still did not change... after doing all of this I connected everything back together and the amp turned on after 1 min. I really am confused now.. I started my car and again the amp was back in protection... I tested a few things listed above again and it seened to turn on fine with the key turned back and when I started the car it would become protected... My cap. is reading 12.4 with the car on accessory and 14.4 running as usual... I finally turned the amp upside down and took the back off and there was no sign of burnt wires or componants inside.... after I put the back on I started my car and the red light was still there, I lightly knocked on the bottom of the amp with my nuckles and I heard a click inside from the protection disabling and the green light came on and ststem turned on. It seems to be a interal prob. but I still have not idea why. I shut off the car and turned it back on and back to the red light again.... I'm very confused as I have never had a problem with this amp/ set-up ever and have had it for around 3 months in without removing anything... (sigh......)
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes amps (and other equipment) simply break.  Sounds like you may have an amp that is worn out and needs repair.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with DYohn, if you have unplugged both the RCA’s and the Subs then it’s an internal problem inside the amp. Either take it in for repair or replace it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic