icon

Alpine CVA-1003 ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed a Alpine CVA-1003 in a 2002 Chevy Avalanche.  In order to bypass the parking brake wire and foot brake wire, I have hooked up a momentary switch to 12 volts and a toggle switch to ground.  The unit is working just fine, but you have to hit the momentary switch a few time to get the message off the screen so you can play CD's or view DVD's.

Question:

Outside of the PAC TR-7 bypass, is there a way to hook these two wires up to a relay so the customer would not have to go through the momentary switch exercise mentioned above?

Trav
MrKruger 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
i had my CVA-1005 installed into my Jetta along with the DVA-5205, the only problem, ive run into is that my CVA-1005 wont control my DVA-5205. The Alpine Rep told the installer that we need the owners manual and to get into this set up place and it will let us fix that problem. if anyone can help that would be awesome, then that way i can get more than just the menu screen on my moviesAlpine CVA-1003 ? -- posted image.
Let the joy run free when the noise turns to music, let it calm your sould and rattle your bones
MrKruger 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
as for the relay thing, i would love an answer to that as well.
Let the joy run free when the noise turns to music, let it calm your sould and rattle your bones

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic