icon

Starter kill relay on Viper 790

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fred Anthony 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

Okay I did a search but didn't get much info from the posts I found. On the 790 the starter kill relay is prewired ito the orange wire coming from the system, there are also green, yellow and black wires. The vehicle is a 2003 eclipse. I know  I am supposed to cut the ignition wire in half and wire the ign. side to the green and the starter side to the black , but if there is only one wire, BLACK/ red where do I wire the yellow to?? Same as green?? Thanks.

HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

you mention starter kill in the header, but mention ignition wire in your post.  if you intend to kill the starter, you better cut the starter wire!!  killing the ignition will work just the same to keep the car from starting.  instead of wire colours that us non-DEI fans aren't familiar with, post the relays pin numbers in relation to the colours and we can tell you what you need to know....

b

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
you cut the starter wire in the car you put the purple wire to the side of the cut wire away from the ignition switch and the green wire to the side facing the ignition switch and that is it >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
you dont touch the ribbon harness!!!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
if you have the older style 790 with the seperate relay for starter kill then the yellow taps into the ignition wire in the car the same wire that the heavy guage pink is connected to !
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

mobiletoys2002 wrote:
if you have the older style 790 with the seperate relay for starter kill then the yellow taps into the ignition wire in the car the same wire that the heavy guage pink is connected to !

Yeah thats the one I have, in the 03 eclipse the the starter wire is BLACK/ red and the ignition is green. So I would run the yellow to ign. where I have the heavy guage pink running, and then cut the starter wire and Green from 790 goes to the half going to the key area and the other side running to starter motor goes to the black wire of 790, so I put the relay basically in the middle of the starter wire, and then run the other(green) from 790 to ign. Right? Thanks for all your help..let me know if I got the right idea..

Fred.  

Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry in the last sentence I meant (yellow) from 790 to ign. Wish we could edit posts. 
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
yep you got it ,pretty easy right? Starter kill relay on Viper 790 -- posted image.
Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah actually, it makes a lot of sense..I am total newbie and with the help of the members on this board I have installed the 790 everything but the stater kill, and it all works. I will be takeling the 530t window module this weekend. Thanks guys..

Fred.

Fred Anthony 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry another quick question. In the manual it says you can connect the starter kill relay wire the orange one, to the 530t window module, of course with a 1a diode. If I was to do this it would shut the windows when I arm right, but how would the go bakc down..I would not be able to drop them with the remote unless I connected the module to the aux channel right? Or would I connect the up to the orange and then the down to the aux channel..That way on arm the would raise and then the aux channel would be used to drop the windows?? Thanks.

Fred.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic