icon

Defective alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Munkee 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

So I somehow burned out something in the brain when trying to find a wire to tap into for the trunk pop wire. (I literally saw smoke come out the brain) The remote start still works and the alarm actually will arm but the doors do not lock, and the parking lights stay on no matter what I do. So I decided a new alarm was needed.  Anyways, I came up on another brand new Crimestopper CS-2015fm alarm. I plugged in the new brain expecting the new brain to be trouble free......and it actually does not work at all.  The LED does not flash, it doesnt respond to remote....and even when plugged in I can start the car.(starter interrupt does work)  So Im assuming it doesnt work. I plugged in the old brain to see what happened and it does work just not properly like I mentioned before.  Just for the record the first alarm did work properly for a week before I decided to try and find the wire for my trunk pop. So I know for a fact that the whole system is wired correctly.

Any ideas? or recommendations? Should I return the new alarm system and attempt to get the old one repaired? Is it even possible to get it repaired? How much would it cost?

tonto26 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using the same harness and connections that you had on the burnout, or did you fully reinstall?
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Munkee,
Have you removed the faulty wiring which you attempted to interface with the trunk?
If not, I would start there . . . In regards to the new alarm CPU, have you pre-programmed the unit to respond to the remote control?
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Munkee 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am using the same harnesses to connect to the brain. Im assuming that the wires in the harness should be fine....since it was the brain that burned out.  I never found the wire in my car to connect with the trunk pop wire on the alarm so that wire is not hooked up. Im just using my factory remote to pop the trunk. Im also using the new remotes to the new brain which are factory programmed. So Im not sure whats happening.   
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Was the old alarm also cs2015?  If so, did you change the transmitter box?  The box that plug in between the brain and the ant.  That box is the recieve and should be programmed for the transmitter.
Munkee 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Ispker, the old alarm was also a cs2015. I did not change the transmitter box which I will try. But shouldnt the LED be on anyways to tell me the brain is working? O
Munkee 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Just changed the transmitter and plugged in main fuses and it immediately goes into remote start.  It is a successful remote start but the led is still not flashing and remote does nothing. Also, idle down mode also works too. Other than that nothing else is working.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2004 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Are there any external relays which you have installed into the system? I would varify all the relays in your alarm system, assuming there are external ones used.
Could you please explain a little more as to what you did to the alarm wire?
I would also check all wiring harnesses, leading to, and from the system. There could be a open wire somewhere in the circuit.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic