icon

playstation vs dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vekoma6382 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

Use the PS2 for what it's meant to be used for. Games!!

Get a seperate DVD player

If it doesn't fit.......make it fit.
ragnampizer 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
guys thanks for all the good ideas, for all the guys that had their ps2 overheating, u just helped me alot, i am going to design a fan to cool it  down, i just have to find some place to put it in a 96 town and country out of the way, i am in brooklyn ny and their are alot of crooks around, so my other project is to secure the damn thing, so the thieves wont get it out.   More comments are welcome , thanks guys,
making it work
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm. well you could put it under a seat or something. Then it would be pretty much hidden as long as it fits under the seat.
technodigifreak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

put it under the seat,

i've run my ps2 in my house for days straight without any over heating problems

Hot-Modder
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

Ive had my PS2 run for days, whenever i would be playing a game, and i didnt have a memory card.  I just left it on,  never any problems.

jwshardbody 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

ragnampizer wrote:
i am planning to install a ps2 instead of a dvd player in a  96 town and country , with a 8 inch power acoustik moniter. Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea with the ps2, i am trying to cut cost. thanks.

Go for it,..... the PS2 can even be turned into a fully functional computer running off a Linux OS,    and in march the HDD comes out w/ FFXI loaded on the hard drive for $100, this game is usless to me, but it may be a way around buying the $200 Linux kit, and still be able to have games, DVDs, and MP3s stored on the harddrive..... Granted, the Sony HDD is only 40 gigs. but others have found out that a larger HDD can be used..........

Here are some sites to take a look at.........

http://www.us.playstation.com/peripherals.aspx?id=SCPH-97047

http://jurai.free.fr/ps2hdd/hdd-setup.html

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story/0,24330,3516150,00.html......... nice fix for most Disk Read Errors.......

http://www.asdffdsa.net/projects/ps2.htm.... unfortunatly I have the V1 PS2 so this mod. will not work for me,...... I am stuck w/ using an inverter for the time being,.........

My goal is the have my PS2 as my only source unit w/ no external Media at all, video will feed to a Sony PS1 5in. TFT, LCD custom mounted in my dash (cheapest TFT LCD I could find, $60 on clearance @ Target), and the audio signal will feed into an Alpine ERA-G320 sound field processor, and then on to my amps...........

ragnampizer 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
im gonna have to find a place in or under the dash for this, as i am gonna install my amps under the seats. might have to cut something , or   i am thinking to pull the ps2 apart to make  it smaller, have to play hide and seek with the crooks from crooklyn, ha ha
making it work
technodigifreak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

under passenger seat usually works best

Hot-Modder
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic