icon

Head Units - What do you use?- Favorites

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Some Dummy will still steal an Eclipse because some other dummy will buy it.

Angel

boom, boom, boom boom....
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Pioneer and  Alpine are my top choices..
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

I am seriously thinking about either a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X959 or an Alpine CDA-7995. They both do everything that I want and should be great electronics.

In California it seems that decks without detatch faces will almost always be ganked if there is an opportunity. Even if it can never be used. I know of 2 Eclipse decks stolen within the last 16 months. And the theives like to do that crap with a battery or high voltage stun gun that shorts/fries your electrical system so an alarm will only do so much.  Even some change or a dollar on your seat may be enough for someone to break your window here. I know because it happened to me when I accidently left my ashtray opened with my spare change visible. But leaving anything visible is just asking for it.

As stated by a member earlier the best theft prevention is to always be in "Stealth-Mode". My system is completely hidden and soon I will be installing a DVD out of view in my glovebox. A nice trick to hide the rear headrest monitors is to buy a pair of sheepskin headrest covers and keep them on all the time except when out on the freeway. Theives out here follow you wherever you are going. And if you are having a system or alarm installed it's best to keep your address confidential and don't leave anything in the car to tip them off to your address.  It's common for dirty installers to pass on that info to theiving friends. But thats common sense.

And what about the idiots with expensive wire wheels held on by knock-offs that park somewhere and expect their wheels to be there when they get back. A close buddy of mine just had one 100 spoke Dayton stolen while parked about a block from the police station. He thought it would be "safe" there.  And these other jerks completely  destroyed the new interior in another friends 71 Chevelle just to peel off his freakin' Dynamat!!! But he was a show-off and let at least 30 peolpe hear how nice his system "was".

Anyway,

DOWN WITH SOUND SYSTEM THEIVES!!!!!!! And PEACE to patient, hard working people who will do the extra side work or whatever to "buy" your own goods instead of ripping off someone else.  

Angel

boom, boom, boom boom....
BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
eclipse 8v preout CD8443.
Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
shayp shifta 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer 8400
1990 Nissan 300zx
Pioneer 8400 HU
SPL 1600W Amp
2 12" Kicker L7's
4 Alpine MIds + 2 Tweeters
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with forbidden. Eclipse has the best sound quality and all the features you might need. The only other thing I can tell you to do to help you system, is to move.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
I use an Alpine CDA-9815, it has a five band parametric eq and a built in selectable two or three way crossover that actually works extremely well, it also has time correction and a ton of other features. I love the SQ on my alpine unit and highly recommend it to anyone that asks, I also think that eclipse makes excellent head units with a definite focus on SQ. You may not get all of the bells and whistles that other manufacturers give you but they are certainly solid and well put together HU's. While I understand the point of people saying that you don't really need a detachable face on your HU I just prefer to have it, it gives me peice of mind. I never leave it in the car so if a theif tries to break in and steal my HU their not getting anything, my stuff is bolted in with special screws and you can't pop my trunk or access the trunk from the folding seats if you break my windows.
Alpineranger 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

i've owend 2 alpines a cdm-7874, and a cda-9815 currently.  I probably won't buy another brand of HU unless I can find a sony cdx-ca90 at a resonable price.  Alpine and older sony es would be best buys.

2003 Ranger EXT Cab
Sony CDXC90, XDP210EQ
Alpine SPX177A
JBL p1020, BP600.1
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
i own a jvc 1150 and i live in canada where the winters are cold, and when i play my stereo the cd player always seems to skip but i think its the weather itself, after the cd player warms up my most scratched cd's didnt even skip once. weird. but over all looks and soun quality is good, :) i'm satisfied with my deck and it was a hell of a lot better than my sony deck too.
i have a Q about eclipse, and someone was mentioning about theft. but wouldnt it be logical that if a theif sees a deck like eclipse will most likely say to himself, oh this car has a stereo in it, and if they do look at the eclipse deck they're mouthes are gonna be watering also cause of the high $ for the actual cd player. but correct me if i'm wrong, does eclipse have theft proof decks? i just think its pointless to have a deck that doesnt have a detach face plate. cause you know your deck is gonna be stolen but yet its worthless to the theif cause its theft proof.
xTimx
sbrock 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Panisonic Ghost Face
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic