icon

04 lesabre

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

anyone done one of these yet? are they the same as an '02 '03 ?

somehow i remember someone saying that you would have to acess the drivers door for the factory alarm and possibly run wires from the battery for 12v because the 12v constant wires are small diameter at the ignition.

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
uh i think the wiring is pretty much the same but the lock wires are at the switch in the door and the factory disarm is at the drivers door lock module in the drivers door. I think u can use the power wires at the ignition switch but if u feel safer go to the battery.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
There is a door lock module 456a for this car but disarm is still in the drivers door.Lets see also the door trigers are at there respective door lock control unit in the drivers door, passenger door, etc!You may want to find a domelight wire for simplicity, But it will read the delay . Good luck this one should not be that bad!
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
If you have to go to the battery...route the wire were a theif wouldn't get under the hood and say, "hmm...there is a wire coming from inside the car with a fuse on it...let's see if this is the alarm." I've seen some "professionals" do it that way, and you can just pull that fuse out and ooppss there goes the whole alarm. So if you have to do it that way route it under some engine parts or something...I'm sure you would come up with something.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic